Employment Opportunities at Pitt DBMI
The Biomedical Informatics Training Program at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is recruiting for four (4) postdoctoral research scholar in biomedical informatics. Be part of a rich collaborative environment with excellence in the areas of public health informatics, bioinformatics, clinical informatics and translational informatics
Research areas represented by our faculty include:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating an integrated set of tools that support causal modeling and discovery of biomedical knowledge from very large and complex biomedical data
- Addressing gaps in clinically useful evidence on drug-drug interactions
- Algorithms for predicting hospital readmission
- Cancer deep phenotype extraction from electronic medical records
- Deciphering cellular signaling system by deep mining a comprehensive genomic compendium
- Development and evaluation of a learning electronic medical record system
- Modeling of infectious disease study information
- Post-graduate degree (MD or PhD) and training in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or a related discipline. US citizen or permanent resident.
- Ability to independently perform research in one of the above areas of biomedical informatics with mentoring from a faculty member.
- Ability to write and publish journal articles.
How to apply:
To apply, please go to https://apply.dbmi.pitt.edu/ and complete the online application. You will need to include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement - description of your research interests and faculty member(s) you would be interested in working with at Pitt DBMI
- Contact information for three references
- One writing sample - preferably a published or accepted paper
- The application fee will be waived – please contact Toni Porterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Current postdoctoral stipend levels can be found at http://www.dbmi.pitt.edu/training-programs/funding.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.